Organic Kapok Bed Pillows - in Organic Cotton Casing
Sleep comfy on natural & vegan kapok pillow
Today, the many benefits of Kapok fibers are well known. Soft, light, resilient and resistant to water, kapok fibers are used as a vegan alternative to down for the filling of products such as pillows, mattress, upholstery and teddy bears.
Kapok fiber is the seed pod fluff of a rain forest tree called the Ceiba tree; or the silk cotton tree. Our kapok is grown without chemicals, pesticides, herbicides or fungicides. At harvesting, only the pods are harvested, the trees are left standing for sustainable farming. In optimal condition, one Ceiba tree can give up to 15-18 kg of kapok fibers per year.
Benefits of Kapok pillows:
- resists clumping (does not become lumpy)
- bounces back to the original shape
- keeps you cool
- provides support and comfort no matter your sleeping position.
- light and easily adjustable. Kapok weight only 12% as much as cotton does.
Also available in body pillow format.
Designed and Made in Canada
- due to the bulky nature of this product, a flat shipping fee will be added to your invoice at checkout
- this product requires extra handling time at the workshop before shipping. Please expect a delivery time of approx 10-12 days.
Natural Filling Information for Bed Pillows
- filling: organic kapok fibers
- casing: organic cotton
Buckwheat & Organic Wool Pillows:
- organic buckwheat hulls one one side
- organic wool on the other side
- casing: 100% organic cotton for more softness & durability
Organic Wool Pillows;
- filling: certified organic wool batting
- casing: certified organic cotton
Benefits of Natural Filling for Your Duvet Inserts & Pillows
- Toxin-free home linens and bedding, filled with natural organic fibers such as kapok, bamboo cellulose, organic wool or buckwheat will keep chemicals and toxins away from your bedroom and offer you an healthier night sleep.
- Each fibers has its own benefits. We encourage to read our blog post on Best Filling Options for Comforters to learn more and discover which fibers might be the best for you.
- For pillows, if you like something lighter, kapok or organic wool would be good options. If you prefer a dense yet soft pillow, our buckwheat layered with organic wool would be a good choice.
Care Instructions for Bed Pillows with Natural Fillings
Kapok Bed Pillows:
- not washable
- protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector .
- spot clean as needed, let dry thoroughly before using
- Airing your pillows under the sun once a month will help keep them fresh and eliminate odours or impurities.
Buckwheat & Wool Pillows:
- not washable
- protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector
- spot clean as needed
- if you prefer, dry clean is fine too
- Another option is to un-stuffed the pillow and wash the case individually. The zipper allows you to remove all the buckwheat hulls and the layer of wool. You can later re-stuff the pillow.
Organic Wool Pillows:
- Protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector
- The whole pillow may be hand-washed in cool water with mild detergent
- Gently squeeze and do not over agitate.
- When rinsed, the pillow can be spun in the washing machine to remove excess water. Place in dryer on "hot" for a max. of 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to air dry.