Organic Kapok Body Pillow + Body Pillow Pillowcase
The Comfort of a Natural & Vegan Body Pillow
Light and fluffy, these kapok body pillows are filled with natural organic kapok fibres only. Kapok trees are also known as the silk cotton tree. They grow in tropical rain forests around the world without chemicals of any kind. At harvesting time, only the pods (fibers) are harvested, the trees are left standing according to sustainable farming. The fibres are not washed or treated with chlorine or any other chemicals.
Also available in bed sizes such as queen and king as well as baby and junior sizes.
Benefits of Kapok Body Pillow:
- CONVENIENT: get your kapok body pillow and its pillowcase together. You simply need to choose the colour of your pillowcase.
- NATURAL NON-TOXIC: made exclusively from natural fluffy soft kapok fibres, not blended with petroleum-based fabric such as polyester, making it a healthier option for your home and the planet
- ZIPPERED ORGANIC COTTON CASE: wrapped in a case made from certified organic cotton for extra softness and durability. Zippered to allow you to adjust firmness to your taste or needs.
- EXTRA PILLOW PROTECTOR: to protect even better your pillow, you have the option to add an extra pillow protector
- VEGAN & HYPOALLERGENIC: being made only from botanical material, organic cotton and kapok fibres, these pillows have the benefits of being vegan & hypoallergenic.
- due to the bulky nature of this product, a flat shipping fee will be added to your invoice at checkout.
- this product requires extra handling time at the workshop before shipping. Please expect a delivery time of approx 10-12 days.
Natural Filling Information for Bed Pillows
- filling: organic kapok fibers
- casing: organic cotton
Buckwheat & Organic Wool Pillows:
- organic buckwheat hulls one one side
- organic wool on the other side
- casing: 100% organic cotton for more softness & durability
Organic Wool Pillows;
- filling: certified organic wool batting
- casing: certified organic cotton
Benefits of Natural Filling for Your Duvet Inserts & Pillows
- Toxin-free home linens and bedding, filled with natural organic fibers such as kapok, bamboo cellulose, organic wool or buckwheat will keep chemicals and toxins away from your bedroom and offer you an healthier night sleep.
- Each fibers has its own benefits. We encourage to read our blog post on Best Filling Options for Comforters to learn more and discover which fibers might be the best for you.
- For pillows, if you like something lighter, kapok or organic wool would be good options. If you prefer a dense yet soft pillow, our buckwheat layered with organic wool would be a good choice.
Care Instructions for Bed Pillows with Natural Fillings
Kapok Bed Pillows:
- not washable
- protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector .
- spot clean as needed, let dry thoroughly before using
- Airing your pillows under the sun once a month will help keep them fresh and eliminate odours or impurities.
Buckwheat & Wool Pillows:
- not washable
- protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector
- spot clean as needed
- if you prefer, dry clean is fine too
- Another option is to un-stuffed the pillow and wash the case individually. The zipper allows you to remove all the buckwheat hulls and the layer of wool. You can later re-stuff the pillow.
Organic Wool Pillows:
- Protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector
- The whole pillow may be hand-washed in cool water with mild detergent
- Gently squeeze and do not over agitate.
- When rinsed, the pillow can be spun in the washing machine to remove excess water. Place in dryer on "hot" for a max. of 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to air dry.