Organic Kapok Bed Pillows With 100% Organic Cotton Casing
Adult Pillows (kapok, buckwheat, organic wool):
- body pillow: 35 x 114 cm (14 x 45 in.)
- standard: 50 x 68 cm (20 x 27 in.)
- queen: 50 x 76 cm (20 x 30 in.)
- king: 50 x 90 cm (20 x 36 in.)
- boslter/neck pillow (buckwheat): 15 x 40 cm (5 x 16 in.)
Baby & Kids Pillows:
- baby/petite: 35 x 50 cm (14 x 20 in.)
- junior: 40 x 60 cm (16 x 24 in.)
All kapok pillows (except size baby/petite) come in a zippered casing. This allows you to easily remove stuffing to customize the loft of your pillow to your needs.
- filling: 100% organic kapok fibers
- casing: 100% organic cotton
Benefits of Kapok Pillows
- resists clumping (does not become lumpy)
- bounces back to the original shape
- keeps you cool
- provides support and comfort no matter your sleeping position.
light and easily adjustable. Kapok weight only 12% as much as cotton does.
Sleep comfy on natural & vegan kapok pillow
Today, the many benefits of Kapok fibers are well known. Soft, light, resilient and resistant to water, kapok fibers are used as a vegan alternative to down for the filling of products such as pillows, mattress, upholstery and teddy bears.
Kapok fiber is the seed pod fluff of a rain forest tree called the Ceiba tree; or the silk cotton tree. Our kapok is grown without chemicals, pesticides, herbicides or fungicides. At harvesting, only the pods are harvested, the trees are left standing for sustainable farming. In optimal condition, one Ceiba tree can give up to 15-18 kg of kapok fibers per year.
Designed and Made in Canada
- due to the bulky nature of this product, a flat shipping fee will be added to your invoice at checkout
- this product requires extra handling time at the workshop before shipping. Please expect a delivery time of approx 10-12 days.
Kapok Bed Pillows:
- not washable
- protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector .
- spot clean as needed, let dry thoroughly before using
- Airing your pillows under the sun once a month will help keep them fresh and eliminate odours or impurities.
Buckwheat & Wool Pillows:
- not washable
- protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector
- spot clean as needed
- if you prefer, dry clean is fine too
- Another option is to un-stuffed the pillow and wash the case individually. The zipper allows you to remove all the buckwheat hulls and the layer of wool. You can later re-stuff the pillow.
Organic Wool Pillows:
- Protect your pillow with a pillowcase and/or a pillow protector
- The whole pillow may be hand-washed in cool water with mild detergent
- Gently squeeze and do not over agitate.
- When rinsed, the pillow can be spun in the washing machine to remove excess water. Place in dryer on "hot" for a max. of 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to air dry.